Mme. Belle

Archives

Joseph Jeffery / FIPPA

This is our third time having Joseph take us on as an audience, and though I’d quite forgotten what the talk would be on, I was immediately stoked about whatever it was we…

Victoria Woelders / ARC BC

ARC BC, stands for British Columbia’s Accessible Resource Centre, a non-profit organization funded by the BC Ministry of Education and Child Care to provide students with disabilities related to perception, typically of print,…

Sarah McNeil / UFLI Foundation

Sarah McNeil from Spruceland Elementary is an English Language Learning educator, and was able to come see our elementary years cohort twice, and what a treat that was for us!  Sarah’s presentation was…

Joseph Jeffery /  Numeracy

What a fun day! I enjoy math, so I am, of course, already biased towards liking a presentation on Numeracy, but the presentation itself was inspiring when considering the “heart of the teacher”:…

Digital Footprint

A digital footprint, also known as a “digital shadow or an electronic footprint” is “a trail of data one creates while using the Internet” (Kapersky; Martin, 562). One’s digital footprint matters because it…

Two Rivers Art Gallery

Let me preface this post by saying that I LOVE Art galleries. They are little nooks filled with people’s particular expressions of themselves and place, and in this way, I find them to…

Digital Literacy

Digital literacy matters for me as a learner and a teacher because our world is becoming increasingly more digitized, to the point where the 21st century thus far is being commonly described as…

Beaded Tweets / Noelle Pepin

I learned a MĂ©tis style of Indigenous beadwork from Laurie Todd during a Pro-D Day workshop while I was employed as a teacher at Duchess Park Secondary School this last school year, 2022/2023….

Prince George Public Library

After concluding a class tour of the Prince George Public Library, I can confidently say that the PGPL is a valuable resource for teachers. This is because the PGPL’s services and resources support…

KAIROS Blanket Exercise

The KAIROS Blanket Exercise is a practice in truth and reconciliation that positions participants within the Indigenous POV of historical interactions and events from Canada’s history and prehistory. Participants are asked to stand…

older Posts »
Page 1 of 2